Your new company
A leading financial institute, with multiple offices across Canada and throughout the world are looking for a Financial Analyst for a 12 month contract in their Toronto office. They have an excellent reputation within their sector and are known as a market leader.
This Senior Associate will work with a team of individuals who are responsible for supporting the administration, accounting, reporting and control requirements of the North American portfolio in the new SAP General Ledger under IFRS 9. This will include statutory, regulatory and internal reporting. This role will be looked upon to provide leadership and consultation on a technical basis as it relates to accounting principles. The incumbent will further the development of efficient processes while maintaining and enhancing a strong internal control environment.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Responsible for the execution of the dual reporting requirements by completing monthly and quarterly financial close activities during the comparative reporting year. This includes manual journal entries in the new SAP ledger, account reconciliations, trending, financial reporting and other period end control activities.
- Support the determination of opening balance sheet amounts for IFRS 9 and input transition adjustments into SAP
- Build manual tracking and restatement process to support comparative reporting for any assets de-recognized during 2022
- Interact and communicate with various stakeholders in the implementation of new accounting processes
- Responsible for documenting new business processes because of changes associated with SAP and accounting changes including control narratives
- Proactively identifying opportunities and making recommendations for process improvements
- Support business testing and model office for new SAP General Ledger implementation to ensure no accounting or reporting functionality is compromised
- Responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of reports related to the portfolio which include statutory, regulatory and internal reports
- Acts as a senior resource and/or providing guidance for solving operational issues
- Liaises with key partners such as Corporate, Portfolio Management, external counter parties and Front Office
- Accounting/Finance designation (MBA or CPA) or 5-7 years of equivalent work experience particularly in accounting or auditing.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to resolve issues independently with various business partners and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience working with large data sets and presenting to management.
- Knowledge and experience with report writing tools.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and meet tight reporting deadlines on deliverables.
What you'll get in return
- Investment accounting experience, preferably within the insurance industry
- IFRS knowledge/experience
- Oracle and SAP knowledge/experience
The client is offering a 12 month engagement, with a high likelihood of extension and a very competitive rate for the contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.