Your new company
Our client is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. They provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. They are looking for a passionate seasoned events professional who knows how to bring to life an experience and captivate an audience from start to finish, starting with a 8-month contract with possibility of extension.
Your new role
You will play a pivotal role in implementing our client’s global leadership development program with 20 cohorts per year, including virtual and in-person events.
What you'll need to succeed
- Collaborate with the program leadership, key internal stakeholders, third-party vendors, and program participants to execute a world-class learning and networking experience for global leaders.
- Lead the day-to-day operations and logistics from program enrollment to completion, overseeing all administration support, including but not limited to communications, budget tracking, venue bookings and set-up, catering, participant/stakeholder support.
- Working collaboratively with global colleagues and functions to execute the logistical requirements for all program elements and in-person events.
- Source and secure meeting/event spaces (onsite and offsite)
- Identify required equipment, and catering for all in-person sessions.
- Manage all communications with participants, event sponsors, and program partners to answer questions and resolve scheduling issues (e.g., confirmations, cancellations, substitutions, etc.)
- Own the events budget portion, and work with program leaders to ensure budgets are adhered to and potential cost overruns are contained.
- Ensure smooth operations by implementing procedures to drive efficiency
- Partner with our data analytics team to capture the required data and analytics needed to develop, implement, and validate the program.
- Update/develop best practices and standard operating procedures related to program execution.
- Collaborate with Brand & Creative colleagues to ensure appropriate branding is represented at all events and incorporated into all experiences.
- Provide guidance to peers and stakeholders on how best to engage audiences through technology and other creative tactics.
- Coordinate and lead event project team meetings to ensure that production timelines and deliverables are met through project lifecycles.
- Source and manage partnerships with external vendors and ensure that services are delivered in line with the statement of work.
What you'll get in return
- Able to travel between Toronto and Boston (Ave. 4 days per month, between Mon and Thu)
- Work experience in Event Management
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and a proactive approach to routine and non-routine occurrences
- Strong problem-solving skills. Highly adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work flexible work schedules based on business need
- Experience in the administration field, preferably supporting meetings, workshops, or special events
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Strong project management and organizational skills while working with multiple priorities
What you need to do now
- Experience in reputable company
- Likelihood of extension
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV at Zarah.email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103879