Enterprise Analyst Client: Industry leader in logistics
Role: Enterprise Analyst
Duration: Full time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Your New Role:
Our client, a industry leader in logistics is looking to hire a Enterprise Analyst on full time basis, to join their team. Your New Role: As an Enterprise Analyst with client you are data and insights driven and you apply your understanding of analytics to help us make smarter decisions. You have a passion for data and are inquisitive by nature; you ask the Why’s and explore data to uncover fundamental drivers and insights. Through your analysis you measure and report on business and customer performance; you leave no stone unturned and identify drivers, trends and areas for improvement; you provide recommendations for change and have the data to back it up. You are a self-starter, have excellent communication and collaboration skills and work well with business partners to highlight insights that can be leveraged to improve business performance and investment decisions. Client’s business is dynamic and requires someone who can connect the dots and expand their analytic skills across multiple lines of business. The candidate will participate in corporate analysis including but not limited to Ecommerce, marketing, sales, retail, operations, HR, finance, and customer care.
Business Analysis and Recommendations including but not limited to customer, industry, segments, operations, geospatial and financial
- Oversee large, complex, undefined problems and manage projects from inception and scoping through data gathering, analysis, results and, where applicable, implementation.
- Apply critical thinking and agile/ lean approach to solving problems, considering the broader picture to uncover new opportunities.
- You will define and structure the problem using a data-driven approach and engage with cross-functional partners as needed to deliver results.
- Apply creative thinking to overcome limitations in data availability and data quality.
- Identify emerging risk issues/trends and assess/recommend opportunities.
- Utilize creative thinking and apply mathematical, financial, geospatial and statistical methods in the design/development of new analysis.
- Analyze trends in customer response, acquisition, product migration (upgrade and downgrade movement), investigate root cause factors for customer fatigue and product de-activations, play a leading role in providing actionable insight for customer retention initiatives, and acquisition and win back campaigns.
- Contribute to the data governance strategy through your support of the integrity of data, including but not limited to customer, product, service, and pricing information to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Become familiar with Purolator and competitor products and market/industry data, specifically for online, and understand how it can be used to address business questions.
- Identify opportunities to improve or augment data structures.
- Work with Business Intelligence team to provide requirements for analysis tools and reporting that will make analysis efficient and visual.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary education in business-related discipline including management engineering, data management, commerce, economics and/ or computer science.
- 5+ years related experience in conducting analysis and influencing stakeholders in a business environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with large-scale relational databases, scripting/ coding for data processing, exploration and analysis; BI reporting tools including Qliksense, Qlikview, Power BI, Tableau, Cognos and geo-mapping software (ArcGIS)statistical modeling software (Python, R, SAS).
- Working knowledge of Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- MBA or industry accreditation considered an asset.
- Curiosity, creativity, and a continuous improvement mindset are a must.
- Results oriented with demonstrable success in delivering business impact.
- Passion for data analysis; using data to derive insights and drive change.
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data from various sources and present written, clear and concise assessments and recommendations.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Critical thinking and proven ability to identify potential opportunities beyond the ask, while staying within project constraints/ scope.
- Strong oral and written communication skills demonstrated through your ability to tell a story from raw data and trends.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective at collaboration and facilitating teamwork within and across teams.
What You’ll get in Return?
The client is offering a full time role with competitive salary and Competitive health and benefit plan. The opportunity to join a continuously growing organization with focus on Diversity and Inclusion and an opportunity to work with an industry leader in manufacturing.
If you’re available and interested in learning more about this role, please reply to this email as soon as you can attaching your updated word resume and salary requirement. #1099410