Our client has an immediate opening for a Director, Technology Transformation to join their team.
In your new role as a Director, Technology Transformation, you will provide leadership and facilitate the creation of and driving the execution of technology dependant strategies and transformation across the organization to ensure uptake and strategic alignment that meets the needs of the business environment and to drive growth, lead and coach professional Information Technology teams embedded into operating divisions, engage with senior business leaders, US parent company peers and technology delivery partners to find opportunities for innovation and direction for the analysis and resolution of complex or multiple problems at the corporate and enterprise levels, partner with senior business leaders and IT teams to conceptualize, rationalize and identify the required technology and secure systems architecture to deliver Company objectives, chart the associated multi-year roadmap and acquire leadership commitment to the priorities, partner with the Finance Team to ensure the Company budgeting processes are transparent to business leaders, flexible to changes in business demand, and assure accurate budget forecasting and management, partner with HR Team to ensure effective and streamlined communications to ensure alignment, connectivity, productivity, collaboration, and an engaged workplace, lead technology project management and governance activities in alignment with the operating divisions and parent company expectations including the development of project time and cost estimates, monitoring progress and reporting in an accurate and timely manner, retain accountability for achieving scope, schedule, and budget in partnership with business and enabling function leadership to deliver the desired outcomes, ensure that technology investment and innovation is supported by well thought-out and well implemented and supported business processes, lead the governance, stewardship, and leverage of data as a vital and valuable asset, liaise with IT teams to ensure the effective, efficient and secure ongoing operational support of mission critical systems, lead, leverage, develop, and motivate established and effective multi-functional teams of systems and technical resources.
As an ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications:
- University Degree in the field of Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience which includes at least 5 years’ experience leading people and engaging senior level stakeholders within an information systems management or senior technology project delivery role.
- Project management education, certification and experience is an asset.
- Experience in all phases of software and/or systems engineering, data processing operations, communications, governance, risk management, quality assurance, capacity planning, or other IT areas.
- Experience conceptualizing and leading large-scale technology-enabled business change within rudimentary as well as sophisticated business environment.
- Advanced proficiency with MS365 (including all Apps and Services)
- Experience working within transportation, supply chain, warehousing, and logistics industries.
- Familiarity with service points in import/export supply chains and related technologies.
- Capacity to work with people at all levels in the organization, and with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Proven ability to lead and empower in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong architectural mindset, capable of mapping out a vision for aligning and integrating systems and data to support business strategy and processes.
- Encouraged by challenges, uses a positive and inclusive approach to tackle difficult situations using honed analytical and problem-solving abilities to develop pragmatic solutions.
- Outstanding service orientation and the ability to present ideas in business and user-friendly languages.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and oral), and negotiation skills.