Your new company
Our client, a world leader in the metal recycling industry, is seeking a Finance Director to join their team in Laval for their construction site.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Finance Director will be responsible for managing a team and day-to-day financial operations, including forecasting, planning, and accounting oversight. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys working on complex business problems and thrives in a fast-paced, feedback-driven, dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
What you'll need to succeed
- Serve as a strategic partner to the CFO and the senior management of the business division by working cross-functionally to share a broad range of knowledge and provide financial decision support.
- Collaborate with senior executives, managers across the division to develop forecasts and budgets, track performance while explaining variances against plan, identify risks and opportunities, drive strategic business initiatives to achieve profitability and working capital goals.
- Become the cornerstone of AIM’s financial planning and analysis function, including financial modeling capabilities, financial systems, budgeting, forecasting and cash management (e.g., long-range planning, scenario modeling, annual budgets, monthly forecasts)
- Supervise and mentor the accounting and finance team, including accounts payable, accounts receivable etc.
- Work with the team to perform month-end variance analysis (budget vs. actual)
- Oversee the preparation of internal and external reports for management, auditors, and banks.
- Continuously improve financial and control processes and workflows to improve reliability and efficiency.
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and CPA required.
- Project based accounting experience required
- 7-10 years of finance experience (recycling, mining, aviation industry experience)
- Good financial and analytical experience in financial planning, and strategic finance.
- Strong understanding of CAPEX, OPEX
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP or Odoo is an asset.
- Advanced Excel skills are an asset.
- Effective written & verbal communication, leadership, presentation & mentoring skills.
- Enjoy the challenges associated with unfamiliar issues and deal with them using logic, data, and your curiosity.
- Work hard and be willing to roll up your sleeves - no task is too big or too small.
- Understand and deal with complex accounting issues.
This position is offering a competitive Salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.