Your new company
Our client is seeking a Bilingual Director of Fixed Assets to join their team in Montreal, QC. This is a permanent opportunity with great competitive benefits.
Your new role
What your future responsibilities look like:
What you'll need to succeed
- Maintenance Strategy Development:
- Collaborate in the development and maintenance of standardized preventive maintenance programs for each type of mobile equipment. Regularly review the programs in place to ensure that they are well implemented and that preventive maintenance activities are performed at the established intervals.
- Performance Measurement:
- Develop a set of metrics that measure the effectiveness of the implemented maintenance programs for each site, including metrics for downtime, repair and maintenance costs for each part, and other data to measure the effectiveness and cost of the maintenance programs in place. Develop data that compares the number of purchase orders and the cost of reactive maintenance to that of preventive maintenance, and how it changes over time.
- Identify the best maintenance methods and then post them.
- FY Capital Equipment Plan Development:
- Assist worksites in developing their FY Capital equipment plans. This will require the development of equipment disposition plans annually - moving equipment that operates for high hours in frontline yards to satellite facilities with reduced operational demands with the goal of extending the life of the equipment where possible.
- Equipment Management:
- Collaborate in validating and updating the list of all mobile equipment at Recycling sites. This includes working with the Site Managers at each site to field check all mobile equipment, assess and monitor depreciation and compare with the estimated life of each piece so that interventions are made to extend the life of the equipment where necessary
- Disposal of surplus equipment
- Identify all surplus equipment in collaboration with the Site Managers and Regional Directors and determine the appropriate disposal method, either by transferring it to other sites to fill operational gaps or by auction process. Assist in the calculation of fair market value of equipment for sale and coordinate the sale process between the various sites and buyers.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the company's Surplus Equipment website.
- Ensure that the computerized oil analysis program is effectively implemented at each site, including maintaining a record of oil samples in Oracle EAM or similar.
- Implement a standardized pre-failure program for all mobile equipment by equipment type.
- Review and report on internal and external maintenance labor costs. (manufacturers' and other service providers' costs)
- Develop a plan to implement a mechanical training program to achieve Level A status to reduce our dependence on manufacturers or other service providers.
- Work with the Maintenance Managers at each site to ensure that a comprehensive safety program is in place for all repair and maintenance activities, including verification of this program at each site visit.
What you'll get in return
- University degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 15 years of experience and a solid background in repair and maintenance of fixed and mobile equipment.
- Ability to read equipment manuals, blueprints, schematics, etc.
- Ability to apply logical principles to solve problems and manage a large number of variables and determine appropriate action.
- Ability to analyze data, develop effective equipment strategies related to these analyses and implement them at the operational level.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the heavy equipment market. Collaborate with the Purchasing Manager - Recycling Division to negotiate favorable terms for new equipment purchases: maintenance service contracts and fair market value calculations for all Recycling Division equipment for all regions.
- Familiarity with Maximo, Windows, Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel, and the Oracle EAM software suite, purchasing and inventory management.
This position is offering a competitive salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.