Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with one of Canada’s top Engineering and Consulting firms and is looking for Development Engineering Coordinator specialising in Land Development for their Barrie or Collingwood location.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist with the peer review of engineering drawings, reports, calculations, and other documents submitted in support of land development applications made to our municipal clients.
- Prepare peer review comments and correspondence as well as coordinate with the client, developer, developer’s engineering team, and other review/approvals agencies.
- During the construction phase, coordinate and complete field inspections to ensure compliance with approved drawings as well as the respective development agreement, witness testing and commissioning of systems, including maintaining detailed and accurate records and field notes.
- Assist with the administration of the respective development agreement, including making recommendations regarding certificates of completion as well as securities to be held by the municipality.
- Review and investigate questions, concerns, and complaints received from the public, including coordinating with the developer and their engineering team to ensure satisfactory follow up and completion of any remedial work.
- Assist with other tasks, as required.
What you'll get in return
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Ontario specifically in land development and municipal infrastructure projects.
- P. Eng. or CET designation, registered in the Province of Ontario.
- Other applicable training and certifications such as CISEC would be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of municipal infrastructure design and construction principles, standards, specifications, and practices is required.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of applicable Laws and Regulations including Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety and their application in construction projects.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office software programs.
- Superior analytical, decision-making, and negotiation skills.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Valid “G” driver’s license and personal vehicle.
The opportunity to work for an leader in the Engineering sector and a chance to work with an extremely collaborative team. These positions are all career building opportunities and will provide security and a great chance to learn with the best in your field.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1094799