Your new company
A leading Financial Services firm, with multiple offices across the globe are looking to onboard a Data Engineer. This is for a 6-month contract and involves working from home/office.
Your new role
The Senior Data Mesh Engineer is responsible for contributing throughout the Technology delivery lifecycle across products and services across within a Data Mesh platform pod. Work as a Senior Engineer within the pod working across multiple deliveries across the data mesh.They will be required to continually enhance their skills within a number of specialisms which include front end, development, data services, platform security, testing and operational support.
What you'll need to succeed
- Build and Support the Data Mesh services, identifying and developing the most appropriate Technology solutions to meet customer needs as part of the Customer Journey(s).
- Contribute to building out key data frameworks and utilities that Producer and/or Consumer teams across can leverage – Data lineage, Data Ingestion, API, Data Streaming, GDPR, etc.
- Must possess in-depth experience in Data technologies (Data Flow, BIgQuery, Airflow).
- Contribute within the Engineering community within the pod, product area helping to grow the skills/capabilities.
- Have an “Automate first” mind-set showcasing best in class DevOps tooling and practices mind-set and to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data.
- Responsible for automating the continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline within a DevOps Product/Service team driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Extensively leveraging tools like Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform etc. to provide E2E automation.
- Keep up-to-date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable. Specific focus on Data technologies on Internal/External Cloud.
- Identify as a strong technical resource within the team providing assistance to programmes or projects that require it.
What you need to do now
- Big Query, SQL skills, Data analysis experience
- DevOps tooling (Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins..)
- Strong team work skills and communication skills
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1098958