Your new company
Our client seeks to inspire the future of digital currency globally as the largest bitcoin ATM network in Canada. They rely on powerfully insightful data to inform systems and solutions and are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to put it to use.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the IT Director, the ideal person will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, combined with a rare curiosity and creativity. You’ll wear many hats in this role, but much of your focus will be building out data integration, warehouse and visualization solutions such as stitch, snowflake and Power BI, to achieve data reporting and analysis goals. Beyond technical prowess, you’ll need the soft skills it takes to communicate highly complex data trends to organizational leaders in a way that’s easy to understand.
What you'll need to succeed
You are a very strong Data Pipeline Engineer with Python skills. You have experience with both on prem and cloud data migration or pipeline building, and experience managing data lake and data warehouse with common tool set. Here is a list of qualifications you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience building and maintaining data-pipelines including data acquisition, cleaning, fact-dimension modelling and visualization
- 3 or more years of experience with:
- Data Integration tools (Informatica, Luigi, Stitch, Fivetran)
- Data warehousing tools (Azure, Teradata,Redshift, Bigquery, Snowflake)
- Strong expertise on SQL language & related tools, and and Python ETL programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to disseminate technical concepts to non-technical business leaders
- Can integrate in a dynamic environment with a fast-paced team
- Effectively work on simultaneous projects
What you'll get in return
- Experience building reports and dashboards using Google Data Studio, PowerBI, Tableau or MicroStrategy
- Intermediate experience with Dbt and Git flow
- Education related degree on Data Analytics or Data Science field with Machine Learning emphasis
- Data Analytics certifications
You will be working in a rapid growing company in cryptocurrency world, where the team is expanding quickly. The technologies are new and fresh -- the chance to learn latest technology, also the chance to talk to the business across different departments. The compensation is competitive for an intermediate level position. The team is great with a family culture. You will enjoy the work and the growth.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jane.Qin@hays.com, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.