Your new company
Our Client is the largest producer of offshore crude oil and natural gas in China and one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in the world. As the international division, our portfolio is made up of assets in some of the world’s most significant basins in Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Our business is focused on safely exploring and producing from conventional offshore, unconventional and oil sands assets.
Your new role
We’re seeking a Planning Analyst to join our North America Capital and Budget team where you’ll work alongside a small high-performance team for 12 to 18 months. Working closely with our operating divisions, corporate groups and executive management, the incumbent will be the main contact for stewardship and tracking of Capital across the North America organization. This role will also support the preparation and consolidation of the annual Work Plan and Budget, transition to a New Budget and Reporting system, budget controls and project lifecycle management.
What you'll need to succeed
• Oversee the entire North America Capital program, including planning, approval, stewardship and tracking for North American Operations; • Complete monthly analysis of Oil Sands and North American capital expenditures and prepare materials for month end North America Leadership Team reporting package; • Prepare presentations for executive management and headquarters; • Supporting the planning, preparation and consolidation of the annual North America Work Plan and Budget; • Completing monthly Budget Controls including submitting funding applications to headquarters; • Support the implementation of the New Budget and Reporting system (Tagetik) including loading Canadian capital data and reconciling North America data to SAP; • Support the Project Lifecycle Management process including project creation, supplements, closures, and settlements; • Completing monthly, quarterly and annual project KPI reporting; • Provide monthly project cost reports to non-operated JV project managers; • Ensure all accrual processes are properly executed and results accurately recorded; • Prepare month end SOX requirements such as Accounts Reconciliation; • Ensure that all the depreciation is posted and recorded in appropriate accounts; • Provide ad hoc and standing reporting requests to headquarters.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with the following:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Working towards or completion of Accounting designation (CPA or CFA) program;
- 1-3 years’ experience of upstream petroleum industry experience would be an asset;
- Highly proficient in Excel & PowerPoint;
- Experience working with SAP and BI/BW, specifically SAP Project System Module would be an asset;
- Ability to quickly understand and conceptualize business requirements;
- Strong work ethic with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Must possess strong financial and analytical skills;
- Proactive initiative to document and improve work processes;
- Ability to work well within a team environment;
- Excellent coordination, collaboration and communication (written and oral) skills, with the ability to converse with multiple disciplines.
All positions require background checks which could include: • Criminal police record check • Education verification • Credential verification • Drug & Alcohol testing • Pre-access medical testing • Drivers’ abstract for last 3 years • Completion of CSO (Common Safety Orientation) online course
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.