Your new company
Our client, a world leader in the metal recycling industry, is seeking a Cost Price Analyst to join their team in Montreal.
Your new role
The candidate must be able to provide quality advice and proposals regarding financial analysis for manufacturing, material purchases, raw materials, labor and overhead. In addition, he/she will be responsible for costing while supporting the sales department in pricing. While working for the corporate center, the candidate will be called upon to extend his knowledge to other plants based in Asia, Europe and Latin America.
The candidate responsible for the Canadian and American sites will have to cover these three main areas of work:
Analysis and Reporting :
- Establish and report general manufacturing and purchasing variances to senior management;
- Responsible for the preparation of KPI's, Dashboard and sales analysis
- Conduct daily unit profit and loss analysis;
- Perform costing, pricing and financial analysis as requested by management;
- Coordinate and manage cyclical and annual inventories;
- Optimize inventory turnover
- Coordinate inter-company purchase and sale prices and resulting inventory values
- Supervise the production input process at the financial level;
What you'll need to succeed
- Administer the development of standard unit costs;
- Suggest and implement process improvements to follow up on margin analyses
- Implement and support pricing proposal for customers
- Improve standard cost estimation tools
- Establish the link between the physical assets and those in the accounting books;
- Suggest good management accounting practices in the different sites worldwide.
- Perform any other related tasks and special projects as required.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA; CPA, CGA) is an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment;
- Demonstrate relevant accounting and financial experience specific to manufacturing costs, selling prices, inventory and variance analysis;
- Bilingual (English and French) - oral and written;
- Experience with IFS and inventory systems management;
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, analytical, leadership, teamwork and priority management skills;
What you'll get in return
- Proven ability to work under limited supervision; initiative and creative thinking in various job functions.
This position is offering a competitive Salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.