Your new company
You will see yourself working with an international mining company that has operations based in South America and the United States. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller is primarily responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting and provides leadership and direction in all areas of accounting. Your new role You will be responsible for the below duties;
- Prepare publicly filed quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Support the preparation of other continuous disclosure documents, such as the MD&A and Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act reports.
- Identify and resolve complex IFRS technical accounting issues.
- Prepare financial and non-financial information for senior management, the Board of Directors and external parties.
- Manage and review the work of junior accounting staff, such as the Accounts Payable function.
- Be a key head office point of contact for accounting matters, including establishing and monitoring upwards reporting requirements for subsidiaries.
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting process for the consolidated group of companies.
- Manage the preparation of the group’s tax returns using the assistance of external tax advisers.
- Formulate and maintain a proper system of internal controls.
- Coordinate external audit work for corporate head office and subsidiaries.
- Some travel to foreign operations may be required
What you will need to succeed
In order to be successful for this position you will have the below experience;
- CPA accounting designation.
- 4+ years of experience, including time spent leading a team, preferably with a large public accounting firm.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and continuous disclosure requirements for Canadian public companies.
- Strong analytical abilities and proven experience with budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Sound knowledge of appropriate controls and ability to review and improve processes and controls.
- Knowledge of Canadian taxation laws with exposure to taxation in foreign jurisdictions.
- Proficient in multi-entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
- Strong Excel skills and systems experience.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and relationship building skills.
- Experience in the mining industry is an asset but not required.
What you will get in return
You will gain a great compensation package with extended benefits and paid vacation.
What to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.