Your new role
- To load and unload freight, scan, and sort freight within the facility.
- To transport freight within and between facilities.
- Loads and unloads company vehicles and containers.
- Audits size and weight of packages.
- Separates packages by service type and destination, in accordance with established procedures.
- Scans packages using computerized tracking equipment.
- Ensures the use of safety procedures in handling of packages.
- Ensures proper security of Canada and customer property such as packages, equipment and
- Cleans, washes and performs minor maintenance to vehicles as necessary.
- Conforms to regulations established by local airport authorities.
- Performs shuttle functions using a non-articulated vehicle. Picks up & delivers on an emergency basis.
Total driving not to exceed 50% of time.
What you'll need to succeed
- Operates vehicles and equipment safely and efficiently, complying with all government regulations and company procedures.
- Completes company paperwork and documentation (i.e. closeout slips, email, line set up)
- Maintains a neat and clean appearance consistent with the company's public image.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent (Preferred)
- Company Canada operations and Canadian Customers regulations (preferred)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully complete all basic and recurrency training
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs and manoeuvre any package weighing up to 150 lbs with appropriate equipment
- Must possess a valid G license and have a good driving record
- Must have your own safety shoes
What you'll get in return
- The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned
- Must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training
- Must be able to operate in a PC windows environment
- Have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable
- Work varying shifts based on business needs
- If incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English)
If you’re available and interested in this role, please reply to this email as soon as you can attaching your updated resume and hourly rate requirement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1101924