Business Analyst (System Analyst)
Client: Municipal Government
Duration: Full time
Our Municipal Government client, is looking to hire a Business Analyst/Systems Analyst on full time basis.
Your New Role: Business Systems Analyst will perform tasks to support activities for departmental and enterprise systems to plan, coordinate, rehearse and conduct application installations, upgrades, configuration and deployments to various environments (Development, QA, Production etc.)
- The Business Systems Analyst will install specific application software, work with software vendors to understand deployment tools and configure deployment settings.
- The incumbent will monitor applications, identify and document ideas for consideration in optimizing the business applications for scalability, high availability, and security.
- Exercises considerable independent judgement and action in performing the systems maintenance tasks and refers more complex problems to a superior who evaluates work performance in terms of effective services rendered.
- Supports business analysts and architects to maintain relevant application road-maps and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provides technical subject matter content to the other IT teams such as IT Infrastructure, IT Infrastructure Security, IT Application Security on deployments, technical environments and associated support activities.
- Participates in the planning, coordination and implementation of configuration changes, software upgrades and new services.
- Participates in the identification of business requirements and the design of solutions and establishes working relationships with users in a variety of departments.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of related reports and records; keeps abreast of recent developments in technology solutions relevant to the City, computer techniques and procedures. Performs related work as required.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Qualifications include completion of a university degree at the Bachelor’s level in computer science or a related discipline and sound related experience in systems analysis or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Solid business application environment management experience including the ability to develop detailed work plans to carry out technological changes; strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Considerable knowledge of information technology components, processes and configuration, including networks, server and workstation operating systems, and cloud and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team, administrating complex integrated technical landscapes and installing, configuring, troubleshooting and deploying system builds and releases.
- Experience with application monitoring tools such as Splunk or SolarWinds will be an asset. Understanding of firewalls and security.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate various data and information, develop logical solutions for assigned problems and assess the implications of proposed changes; to perform computer programming applicable to the work performed; to participate in the work of a project team; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and to communicate effectively orally and in writing..
- Any experience with implementing and supporting systems such as or similar to Theatre Manager, CORE iPayment, T2 Flex, Genetec Security Center, Tempest, EnerGov, nQativ Activity will be considered a strong asset.