Exciting Opportunity for Entry Level Talent Acquisition Specialist, Contract to Permanent
Your new company
Hays has partnered with a global freight company to hire an Associate Recruiter. This position is based in Toronto and is a contract to permanent opportunity. The Associate Recruiter will support management by delivering effective selection and hiring processes supporting the recruitment of hourly, senior hourly and administrative salaried positions. The Associate Recruiter will participates in achieving corporate initiatives related to Employment Services, support the planning, organizing, implementation, and administration of the company’s ES programs, policies, procedures, and related projects. And other duties are related to the role.
- Administers all ES programs and procedures.
- Provides support to management in the interpretation and application of all employment and career policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation of internal/external recruitment programs/procedures for all positions in most efficient and effective manner.
- Administers recruitment and selection process, including external job postings though multiple sources, rosters and resume/applicant screening, pc skill assessments, interview panels, driver replacement assessments and criminal record checks to ensure sourcing of qualified candidates. In consultation with senior department members utilizes the most effective recruitment and selection processes to ensure the best possible candidates are selected and corporate hiring objectives are met. Provides monthly reports on recruitment activities, identifies key issues/concerns, and suggests resolutions. Keeps abreast of recruitment best practices, industry trends, leading edge selection tools, etc.
- Reports and maintains internal and external statistical data including vacancies, number of interviews conducted, candidates referred, candidates pooled etc. Monitors internal/external hourly and senior hourly recruitment related issues and provides recommendations for improvement to the manager
- Administers diverse recruitment and selection tools, policies, and guidelines. Creates standardized hourly and senior hourly behavioral interview guides, established anchors and ratings related to the job specifications and competencies. Administers recruitment and selection process on behalf of hiring manager and ensures that all minimum specifications are met. Participates on all senior hourly interview panels and assists hiring managers to interpret interview results.
- Conducts comprehensive new hire orientation program ensuring that hourly and senior hourly employees meet all compliance and policy requirements before transitioning to active duty. Audits recruitment files to ensure thoroughness and compliance. Works with management to reinforce fair and consistent recruitment practices.
- Participates on QATs and special projects that support corporate recruitment and selection initiatives.
- Participates as a Diversity Committee member to assist in evaluating policies, procedures, and practices to ensure they are barrier free. Participates in and assists with the coordination of the national diversity awareness week activities. Supports employment equity and diversity initiatives as it relates to the recruitment and selection process.
- Attracts qualified hourly candidates through targeted sourcing, niche postings, print advertisements, job/career fairs, college/university campus recruitment and diversity fairs. Aids in the development of relationships with job fair vendors, campus placement officers, and outreach organizations. Creates a pool of qualified candidates and ensures open positions are filled in a timely and cost-effective manner, with the best candidates.
- Assists in the facilitation of modules related to employee awareness programs such as: Behavioral Interviewing, Diversity Awareness training, Career Planning including writing resumes and attending interviews.
- Assists in the implementation of programs promoting all hourly and senior hourly employee personal growth/career development and counsel’s employees on same.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Human Resources – 1-2 yr. (Preferred) Previous recruitment and selection experience
Ability to fluently communicate with candidates and hiring managers in both English and French.
Microsoft Power Point - Basic
Microsoft Word - Basic
Microsoft Excel - Basic
Microsoft Outlook - Basic
What you'll get in return
Fully remote, competitive salary and possible extension to full time
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' and submit a copy of your resume.