Associate Product Manager Client: Consumer Electronics Retailer Role: Associate Product Manager Job Type: Perm Rate/Salary: Open *depending on experience Location: North York Our client, a consumer electronics eCommerce retailer is looking to hire an Associate Product Manager Your New Company For over 20 years, our client has been creating truly groundbreaking consumer electronics. They design and engineer consumer tech products right here in Canada and work within their global supply chain to sell through retailers like BestBuy, Walmart, and Home Depot. As a team of entrepreneurial engineers and designers, they are driven to explore and create the best solutions possible that go beyond "good enough" to empower everyone in the world. Your New Role: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Associate Product Manager will make sure the company’s products are designed with the voice of the customer in mind so that the company achieves exceptional customer satisfaction and 4.5-star ratings. You are a technically savvy team member that will bring an engineering approach to all phases of the product development process, especially by leading technical development and solving technical issues in real-time with partners in the global supply, as well as working with field trial users for feedback. Responsibilities: Project Management in New Product Introduction
- Lead product development projects from strategic planning to implementation while collaborating with other departments, maintaining scope, time, cost, and quality initiatives
- Lead Beta trials, including planning and communication with internal teams, beta trial survey creation and results analysis
- Assist with developing product strategy documents, such as product business plans, function maps and competitive product analysis
- Research, analyze and implement new technology/components/products on the market, develop and recommend category/product objectives and strategies
- Write/maintain technical specifications, bill of materials (BOMs), instruction manually and other design/manufacturing materials.
- Assist in patenting and other technical writings, including SR&ED.
Product Management and Improvement
- Gathering review results and competitors’ product information to analyze/propose product improvement plan
- Implementing product improvement plan with other team members, lead improvement project and communicate internally and externally to ensure the timeline
- Lead on the improvement of marketing materials, including website and video resources, QSG, product manual and packaging materials
- Lead product entire life cycle plan
- Assist with negotiation of product pricing, payment terms, manufacturing lead times and all other timelines
- Assist with validation of manufacturing facilities and competencies
- Develop effective relationships and information flow with technology (hardware and software) developers
- Review, negotiate and manage project agreements
- Assist vendor onboarding and continuous partner relations
- Assist with PCBA and firmware development, including schematic design, PCBA layout, firmware development and debugging the system.
- Lead in design validation, including PCBA validation, testing and measurement, software testing and implementation, system integration and testing.
- Draft product development related report and lead in version control.
Management of Cloud platform and APP store
- Lead cloud platform management including server configuration, cloud storage control, cloud subscription and monitoring
- Lead in APP development, customization and improvement, lead in communication internally and externally with engineering team on APP development project.
- Lead in APP launch and configuration in APP Store and Android Play store.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Engineering and Supply Chain Manager
- Must be able to travel internationally to Asia and North America approximately three (3) times a year, and domestically as required
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, mechatronics or computer engineering, Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of product management experience in consumer electronics industry
- A minimum of 1 years of experience in embedded hardware development, and/or firmware, APP development. A deep understanding of embedded system, including ARM-Linux system, SoC and RTOS. Basic understanding of common communication protocols, including SPI, I2C, UART, etc.
- Must be able to handle lab equipment, such as oscilloscope, multimeter, signal generator, battery tester and power supplies.
- Excellent data analysis skills, especially using statistical models and best practices to derive unique technical insights
- Adept with leading in challenging situations with external parties; must be able to communicate extremely effectively and clearly with stakeholders in Canada and abroad
- Possesses a passion for consumer electronics and an entrepreneurial green-light mindset
- Ability to keep up with our results-driven and fast-paced growth culture
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Mandarin
- Previous experience in video security and camera industry is considered as asset
What You’ll get in Return As the Associate Product Manager, you will receive a base salary of between $65,000 and $80,000 per year. Other benefits include health and dental benefits as well as 2 weeks vacation. Interested? If you’re available and interested in this role, please reply to this email as soon as you can attaching your updated resume. #1097654