Your new company
Hays Recruitment has partnered up with a Real Estate/Property company in Mississauga, ON. Our client is looking for a 3 month to possible extension/permanent Accountant to join their team. This is a hybrid role.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Completes the day-to-day transactions (i.e. recording transactions to journals, posting to ledgers, calculating trial balances, posting accruals, completing bad debt provisions etc.) that are a part of a full accounting cycle for a portfolio of real estate investments in order to maintain an accurate and transparent accounting process.
- Produces a variety of financial reports/statements including but not limited to monthly/quarterly financial statement packages annual budget etc. to ensure the adherence to statutory accounting principles that require the accurate reporting of the financial status of the organization.
- Completes bank reconciliation and addresses any outstanding discrepancies between the bank and company statements in a proactive manner to ensure accuracy of statements.
- Assists the Account Receivable departments and Property Management personnel in reconciling tenants’ accounts as well as follow up on any outstanding accounts to ensure timely receipt of payment.
- Completes the accounting portion of the budget, as determined, as well as provides assistance, where required, in re-forecasting, variances analysis and reporting and budgeting activities, troubleshoots revenue modeling to support the accurate re-forecast and budgeting processes.
- Ensures year-end adjustments/billing for common area/operating costs and realty taxes are processed on time and accurately; ensures revised rental notices are sent to tenants for the coming year on time to ensure maximum collection and accurate budgeting.
- Assists with year-end audit processes through the preparation of the head office/site accounting packages and the creation of the year-end file to ensure timely and accurate completion of all processes.
- Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
What you'll get in return
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong analytical skills
- Good quantitative analysis skills
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail.
This opportunity to work for one of Canadas largest Real Estate/Property companies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1099678