Our client, a globally recognized transportation company is looking to hire an Accountant for a fulltime position to work on a Hybrid model based in Mississauga.
Your New Company
Our client is looking for an Accountant to provide recording, maintenance and review of the company’s Canadian financial data through direct responsibility for accounts of the greatest complexity. To participate in re-engineering projects in the Controller’s group to ensure accurate accounting and general ledger presentation.
Your New Role Responsibilities
- Ensures that general ledger accounts are materially correct and explains significant variances between accounting periods ; suggests improved procedures for better accounting control.
- Performs expense account analysis and reconciliation of more complex balance sheet accounts by comparing detail items to general ledger balances and determining disposition of any reconciling items.
- Reviews all journal input to the general ledger to ensure accuracy of coding, propriety of supporting documentation and reasonableness of entry and its effect upon the financial records of the company.
- Prepares journal entries to update various general ledger accounts through manual input and reviews input of all subsystems interfacing to the general ledger. (i.e. accounts payable ) to ensure data integrity.
- Reviews all general ledger account/cost centre setups for conformity with established guidelines needed for proper data accumulation and reporting.
- Maintains various general ledger files required for proper processing and reporting.
- Conducts monthly variance analysis for profit and loss accounts, budget versus actual and actual versus trend and provides rationale to management and conducts cost analysis at station level.
- Prepares monthly reports to corporate specifications for management and assists external and internal auditors in the preparation of audit schedules and provides other information as required.
- Designs and implements accounting systems to provide internal controls and proper accounting.
- Maintains technical expertise in the general ledger system.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent (Accounting)
- Accreditations/Certifications/Licenses (Preferred)
- CPA designation or actively working towards
- Accounting - 2 years
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of data processing terminology
- MS Office Suite – Advanced
What You’ll get in Return
The client is offering an opportunity to work with a global organization with a competitive base salary. #1099841