Your new company
Our client, a company that offers mechanical contracting, electrical contracting, HVAC service, commercial plumbing, sheet metal fabrication and more across Canada is seeking an AP Specialist to join their team in Ottawa.
We value passion, initiative, determination, professionalism, and teamwork and we are committed to ensuring that our teams have everything they need to succeed. Health and safety are embedded in everything we do and, as a result, our award-winning safety culture has a record that’s well above industry standards.
The mission of the Accounts Payable Specialist is to collect, organize, process and pay all project-related, overhead and other vendor invoices in an efficient, effective, and timely manner, subject to guidance provided by the AP Manager. The Accounts Payable Clerk plays an integral role in the costing of the company's projects, completeness of expenses presented in the Company’s financial statements, and management of the company's cash resources. As a result, the incumbent in this position must be committed to communicating and sharing information pertinent to management of cash resources. The Accounts Payable Specialist must also deliver superior service and foster strong and ongoing relationships with key personnel from the company's vendors.
Your new role
- Collecting and organizing vendor invoices for input into NetSuite
- Entering Accounts Payable invoices, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of invoice entry and coding
- Routing of invoices for approval by operations team and follow-up as required
- Assisting with the cheque run process, including running the cash requirement reports and preparing supporting documentation
- Monthly reconciliation of corporate credit cards
- Responding to internal and external Accounts Payable inquiries
- Reconciling vendor statements and follows up to resolve any discrepancies
- Assist with design and implementation of efficiency initiatives
- Opportunities for data analysis and reporting
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
What you need to succeed
- 3-5 years Accounts Payable experience with construction experience an asset
- Team player with a customer focus
- Integrity and the willingness to own scope of work and associated issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Excel)
- Energy and strong work ethic
- Willingness and ability to solve problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to continuously improve systems and processes with an open mind towards change.
What you’ll get in return
A competitive salary + health and wellness benefits, company-supported pension plans, recognition and appreciation program, immediate and confidential support through our Employee and Family Assistance Program, Mentorship, training, and professional development opportunities, family-friendly work arrangements and safety-first approach to all processes and guidelines. They are always looking for passionate and bright individuals who have the skills, desire and potential to help them take their dynamic company into the next decade and beyond.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.