Your new company
Our client, a leading global chemistry company across US, Canada, Asia and Europe, is going through a Digital Transformation. They are building a Digital Hub for the global business in Toronto city, therefore we are hiring multiple technology talents with ambition to join the digital hub. During COVID, you'll work remotely from home. After COVID, you'll enjoy a hybrid work environment between your home and office in Toronto. This is NOT a remote job.
Your new role
You as the Digitalization Specialist- ABAP Developer will be a key part of a team that is end-to-end accountable for IT solutions for the availability check in SAP (ATP), route determination and handling of incoterms. You are sitting within ATP team, ensuring that customer requirements are understood, analysed and translated to IT products in an agile fashion. You and your team are responsible for development and operations of the respective SAP application. Apart from the global footprint, you also support North and South American branch companies.
What you'll need to succeed
- 40% of your time is spent to design possible technical solutions for business requirements in coordination with other Specialists and internal business partners.
- 40% of your time is to develop, configure and run complex applications in the area of SAP SD and ATP (ABAP, ABAP OO).
- 20% is used to work on tickets/incidents cannot be solved by the 1st level support. This comprises analysis of the issues, implementation of solutions, instructions, and training of the affected user.
- Work together with the Product Manager to understand the requirement and with other internal and external Specialists within the product team.
- Work on backlog item (user stories out of projects or change requests, early consulting, bugs) in a self-organized way.
You are sitting within the ATP product team in the Order Management Product Family, responsible for the end-to-end Available-to-Promise (ATP) process within the company and related sub-processes like route determination and handling of incoterms. You need to have strong related experience as following:
- Strong ABAP and ABAP OO programming experience
- Deep understanding of SAP ATP (Available-To-Promise)
- Basic knowledge of SD processes
What you'll get in return
- Degree in Computer Science, informatics, business informatics or in a comparable field
- Minimum 4-6 years related working experience with complex SAP applications.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the field of SAP ATP
- Strong Digital mindset to accelerate the digitalization transformation journey
- Agile mindset, self-organized way of working.
- Working in an international environment
- Fluent English language skills
- Optional, but desirable: experience working with Agile methodologies like SCRUM or KANBAN
Digitalization is a key differentiator, and a true part of the company's DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drives efficiencies in processes. Your company support this goal by providing the digital hub access to latest technologies, expertise and inspirations. You will be the early batch of employees that makes the Digital Transformation happen on a global scale.The company also provides up to 15% pension match as part of the premium benefits plan on top of a competitive salary and bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jane.Qin@hays.com, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.