Your new company
Our client is one of the largest producers of thermal coal in North America. The companies operations include 17 Coal Mines in the U.S. and Canada, an Activated Carbon Plant, Char Production Facility and 2 Coal-Fired Power Generation Units
Your new role
Our Client is currently seeking 2nd
Class Power Engineers for their Activated Carbon Plant in Estevan, SK. Responsibilities and Duties will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Monitor and control process conditions through routine patrols of the plant and operation of the control systems.
- Initiate safe start up and shut down of all plant equipment.
- Communicate deviations from routine operations.
- Perform daily boiler chemical tests and adjust chemical feed to boiler feedwater, as necessary.
- Perform inspections on plant equipment
- Verify and calibrates equipment.
- Monitor and respond to plant alarms and Fire system.
- Adhere to Mandatory Safety Standards and Responsible Care Codes of Practice
A High School Diploma along with a 2nd Class Power Engineering Ticket. Experience working in a similar plant/facility will be an asset. The position will also require working 12 hour shift rotations, days and nights.
What you'll get in return
Opportunity to join a successful company with a growing international presence and work at one of the only Activated Coal Plants in North America. This is a full-time position that comes with a competitive hourly rate, pension bonus, and extended benefits. Positions are eligible for OT and will also have 1 premium shift per month.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.